The History Education Network/Histoire et éducation en réseau (THEN/HiER) is a collaborative network across the diverse fields of history, history education and school history teaching in Canada. It brings together people from across Canada and internationally to inform, carry out, critique, and implement research into history education. Read More
- Where are they now? An Update from Eric G. Poitras.
- Student Narratives and Public Memory in Museums
- What is a purpose of history education? (Pedersen)
- What is the Purpose of History Education? (Radjenovic)
- Memory After Belsen
- Approaching the Past - Vancouver Maritime Museum, Nov 26
- Textile Conservation Workshop, Nov 26
- Arctic Adaptations: Nunavut at 15, to Dec 13
- 2016 CMA Conference, Apr 11-15
- UBC Online Courses & Workshops: Autumn 2015/Winter 2016
Maria Grever, Professor of History and Theory, Director, Center for Historical Culture, Erasmus University Rotterdam (The Netherlands). Seeing ‘things as they are,’ Carlo Ginzburg has written, requires a balance between coming so close to an object that it seems ... Read More
In the spring of 2014 I applied for a THEN/HiER Graduate Student Project Grant for a project I was developing called “History Harvest London.” This project was based upon the History Harvest model developed by the History Department at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. This model saw historians ... Read More
Videos & Podcasts
- The Threat of Revisionism to Japanese History Textbooks: State Intervention and Citizen Resistance
- History Education Research and Historians/La recherche sur l'enseignement de l'histoire...
- Finding Franklin: New Approaches to Teaching Canadian History
- "c'esna?em, the city before the city" exhibition on Novus TV
- English high school students on Quebec History
- The Indo Canadian community stages an intervention in the Royal BC Museum
- Upcoming Online Courses in Heritage Resources Management From Athabasca University
- Special Discount on Robert R. Janes’ New Book
- BC Studies Annual Auction - runs until noon, November 23rd!
- Research Informing the Practice of Museum Educators: Diverse Audiences, Challenging Topics, and Reflective Praxis, now available