The History Education Network/Histoire et éducation en réseau (THEN/HiER) is a collaborative network across the diverse fields of history, history education and school history teaching in Canada. It brings together people from across Canada and internationally to inform, carry out, critique, and implement research into history education. Read More
- Social Justice in Museums?
- Voting, History Education and Social Justice
- Dairy of a History TA: Thesis Time, E-mail Time, Me Time
- Inventing the Future: What Does Increased Technology Use Mean for “Doing” History in the Classroom?
- “Although I don't know much about it now, I really want to know more about my family”: How...
- 2013 Canadian Museums Association National Conference, May 27-Jun 1
- The use of historical feature film in the teaching of history, May 29
- Exhibition Opening at Pier 21: Migrating Landscapes, May 30
- Active History at the 2013 CHA, Jun 3 & 5
- 2013 CHA Annual Meeting, Jun 3-5
Mario Carretero, Professor, Faculty of Psychology, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. I think the most influential experience on the selection of my research interests is how I was taught school history when I was an adolescent. I ... Read More
THEN/HiER Regional Annual Conference in History Education, Imagining Gateways: Collaboration and Innovation in Teaching and Learning History, Halifax, Nova Scotia, October 27-29, 2011. In collaboration with the Nova Scotia Social Studies Teachers’ Association, the Nova Scotia Archives, and the Canadian ... Read More
|Identities and Engagement||May 27|
|Teaching the Past Blog Contest||May 31|
|THEN/HiER Publication Award||Jun 28|
|THEN/HiER Graduate Student Projects Program||Jul 02|
|Governor General's History Award for Excellence in Museums||Aug 16|
Videos & Podcasts
- Library and Archives Canada, Ten Years After the Merger
- Museums as Sites of Historical Consciousness Unconference 2012
- THEN/HiER AERA Panel 2012
- Building National Identity Through Historical Narrative 2012
- Canadian Letters and Images Project